Laparoscopic Hysterectomies Specialist
When women from South Eastern Idaho need to have a hysterectomy, the physicians at Leavitt Women’s Healthcare offer expert laparoscopic hysterectomy services from their practice in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Leavitt Women’s Healthcare is the only provider offering single site robotic hysterectomies in the area.
Laparoscopic Hysterectomies Q & A
- What is a Hysterectomy?
- A hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus. It is recommended when the uterus is damaged, is bleeding, is cancerous, or is causing health concerns for the woman. It is a common procedure, and each year, many women undergo a hysterectomy. While it has been a historically complicated procedure, major medical advances have allowed for this surgery to be performed in a much simpler form. Doctors at Leavitt Women’s Healthcare are skilled in the latest procedures of a hysterectomy and are able to provide patients with the highest degree of care and service. These doctors are skilled in providing safe and effective procedures to treat women when they are in need.
- What is Laparoscopic Surgery?
- Laparoscopic surgery is a procedure performed utilizing a small camera inserted into the body. Through this camera, a surgeon is able to view a live video stream of the affected area. Since the camera is so small, doctors are only required to place a small incision in the area that is being operated on. This allows for faster recovery and reduced chance for complications related to surgery. Since traditional hysterectomies were complicated and caused numerous side effects, the use of laparoscopy to complete this procedure is a benefit to the patient as they can enjoy the benefits of improved recovery time.
- What Should I Expect Following the Laparoscopic Hysterectomy?
- Since every woman’s body is different, exact times of recovery are not always known. Traditionally, women required several weeks of recovery from a hysterectomy. With the advances in laparoscopic hysterectomies, women can typically expect to return to work within a week to two weeks following their surgery. As their doctor monitors their progress, women are able to move forward in their lives thanks to the improved surgical techniques of Leavitt Women’s Healthcare. If you believe that you have a health complication that may require surgery, the ability to reduce the pain, invasiveness, and discomfort of a surgical procedure is beneficial to women and enables them to move forward in health and wellness.