Hormone Pellet Therapy Specialist
Women from throughout southeastern Idaho who are experiencing menopausal symptoms have access to expert care including hormone pellet therapy with the gifted physicians at Leavitt Women’s Healthcare in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Hormone Pellet Therapy Q & A
- What is Hormone Pellet Therapy?
- As women go through menopause, their bodies produce fewer of the hormones essential for optimal body function, health, and wellbeing. The decreased hormone levels associated with menopause result in a variety of physical and emotional symptoms ranging from a loss of libido and mood changes to physical symptoms including hot flashes, vaginal atrophy, and weight gain. Hormone pellet therapy is a form of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) that substitutes hormones designed to match the individual patient’s natural hormones exactly, balancing out the decrease in hormone levels. Bioidentical hormones are considered much safer than traditional hormone therapy. The difference is that traditional hormone therapy is mass produced for general consumption while the bioidentical hormones are made specifically for an individual patient.
- What Type of Hormone Replacement is Available?
- The doctors at Leavitt Women’s Healthcare offer bioidentical hormone pellet therapy to provide the safest treatment that mimics the hormones produced by an individual patient. BHRT uses hormones manufactured to be identical to those in the patient’s body, improving the outcome for the patient. The treatment releases small amounts of hormones to replenish the diminished hormone levels in the patient, and, compared to other forms of hormone therapy, patients’ hormone levels remain more constant and level for between 2-6 months.
- Is Bio-Identical Hormone Pellet Therapy Safe?
- Yes. The doctors at Leavitt Women’s Healthcare perform thorough testing on each patient before starting treatment. During treatment, the physicians closely monitor their patients with regular saliva and blood testing to ensure that the dosage remains correct to allow the patient to enjoy optimal health and wellbeing. These hormones behave harmoniously in the body, relieving the physiological stresses and uncomfortable physical symptoms caused by hormone deficiency. The doctors at Leavitt Women’s Healthcare develop close relationships with their patients so they can monitor their well-being and identify any changes immediately.